2020 - May - Birds
Rules that are always applicable are as follows:
- One photo per answer, and no more than 5 answers per user per contest.
- Post only photos taken by yourself/person with you.
- All entries should include a line of text with the location, subject, and date (specificity is up to you).
- Refrain from posting sensitive/debatable content
- Only upvotes count towards winning.
Rules for May are as follows:
- Birds - Pictures of birds
- The contest will last the whole month of May and to be clear, we use UTC, just like the site itself.
- There is no constraint on when the photo must have been taken.
Suggest a theme for the next contest.
- Leave a single comment below in the format THEME - ONE SENTENCE DESCRIPTION
- Upvote the comment(s) with the theme you would like to see next month.
Photo Fan-tailed warbler (Cisticola juncidis), s'Albufera Natural Park, Mallorca, December 2017. Taken with my Nikon …
A visit from a baby Cisticola juncidis during this quarantine. I have found it in my backyard. My dog, Buddy …
!(https://www.pekka.net/stuff/shrike.jpg) A young Southern Grey Shrike (Lanius meridionalis) in my garden on Lanzar …
Photo Black redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros), Salinas de San Pedro, Murcia, December 2016. Taken with my Nikon D40 an …
Image alt text Flamingo in a pond in Salzburg, Austria, January 2009.
European Starling As I sat, eating my lunch, on a park bench in downtown Washington, DC, USA, a European starling cam …
In the spring of 2018 I was surprised to see a nest in the joint of a support beam on my back porch. I come and go thro …
Image alt text A pair of rainbow lorikeets at a quiet coastal hamlet in eastern New South Wales, Australia, that goes …
Ducks on a pond A pair of ducks enjoying their expanded pond after a rain, in Sligo Creek Park, Silver Spring, MD, US …
Kestrel head-on with wings spread and tail fanned Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus) hovering, Tancat de la Pipa, Valencia, Ju …
Black Vulture A black vulture in Sligo Creek Park, Silver Spring, MD, USA, photographed from some distance in April 2 …